Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Self - Acceptance

One of the hardest things to do is accept yourself for who you are. Most of us feel like there is something wrong with us. We are to fat or we are too tall etc.

I believe in order to be able to enjoy life and make changes you have to accept yourself the way you are. Cherish what you have and who you have become. There is always room for improvement but there is no one on earth like you so this makes you one of a kind.

I believe I have started accepting myself for who I am. I am still on this journey to get fit but I can actually stand in front of the mirror naked and not feel like looking away, tearing myself apart limb by limb. When is use to get a glimpse of myself in the mirror I would think “ I look disgusting why did I do this to myself” or “I am never going to lose this weight” I would then feel self-defeated start eating things that I didn’t even enjoy just to distract myself from the pain.

I am happy to report I am getting better – in self-acceptance. Confidence is attractive.
I ran across this video on Google+ and had to share it.

These ladies didn't let their weight stop them from enjoying life why should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment