Tuesday, May 13, 2014

7 Habits to Break for Permanent Weight Loss.

As I have said before I can be really on a good roll eating right feeling good and bam I just fall apart. Once I cheat I feel like I had better eat everything I can before I go on another “diet” I have a bad relationship with food.

Driving to my sons home 300 miles away I grabbed all types of junk to eat while driving why??? I wasn't even hungry. I had to have salty and sweet none of them had any value pure junk. My self-talk is self-defeating.

I say to myself I deserve to eat what I want I've had a tough day, I want my freedom to do and eat what I want, Even if I lose weight I will be flabby and will not like my body. On and on and on…

I have a friend who is under a Dr. supervision and lost 50 lbs. in 2 months that is a lot of weight. I was given the Dr. Phone number and the actual diet plan. In the plan were a few things I know I need to adopt.

7 Habits to break, for permanent weight loss.

  1. Have a high protein breakfast
  2. Do not eat while watching TV
  3. Do not eat in your car
  4. Do not eat at your desk.
  5. Eat only at a dinner table
  6. Eat dinner early by 6:30
  7. Drink a lot of water

My husband who is excited to see me lose some weight - but doesn't want to admit it kept nagging me to call. I did it and found out I had to have him as my primary care physician. He lives at least 20 minutes away so why would I make him my primary when the one I have is 3 minutes away.

I was disappointed – as I was looking over the papers that outline the diet I was shocked  it was so restrictive. It is an Atkins type of diet but it restricts calories as well. First week only 500 calories a day, meat only! He gives out diet pills to help with the hunger after the first week you add back vegetables but always need to stay in ketosis.  That is a starvation diet I am surprised a Dr. would recommend it.

I did find however the habits he outline that needed to change are very helpful. I am going to start with changing my habits. Then after a week or two of going by these rules I am going to start the eating plan that I decide on.

Why don’t you join me? Tell me how it goes for the next few week and I will tell you my thoughts as well…

No comments:

Post a Comment